topics

trouble with email, 502 proxy error

New Poster

trouble with email, 502 proxy error

difficulty accessing email page .

proxy error 502 appears on the screen

Email Expert

Re: trouble with email, 502 proxy error

I found this with a search----it's just a portion of a much longer article.---------------------

How to Fix 502 Proxy Errors (Client Side)

One of the most frustrating things for the average computer user is determining where the problem resides when receiving the 502 Proxy Error. Before engaging the webmaster of the site or one’s Internet Service Provider (ISP), it is prudent to troubleshoot the client computer to make sure that it is not the reason that the error is being thrown.

Step 1 – Close the Internet browser that you are using. If you have an alternate browser on your computer, launch that application and attempt to access the site that is throwing the 502 error. If you do not have an alternative web browser installed on your computer, restart the one you were using. A number of times, web browsers can end up having scripting errors on previous web sites impact being able to view new web pages. Some of the popular alternative web browsers to Internet Explorer include Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

Step 2 – Clear the web browser’s cache to ensure that the error is not being thrown due to a legacy issue with the problem webpage or other website that you have visited recently.

Step 3 – Restart the computer if restarting the Internet browser did not work. Although more commonly encountered on computers running the Windows operating system, restarting the computer can help fix errors the computer is encountered with the local network or ISP. Once the computer has completed the restart process, launch an Internet browser and attempt to load the problem web page.

Step 4 – If still unsuccessful with clearing the 502 Proxy Error, restart the DSL or cable modem that supplies the Internet connection for your home or place of business. This may take a few minutes while the modem conducts the restart process, so do not attempt to access the problem webpage until the modem is back online.

Step 5 – Try to surf to additional websites. If the 502 error is being shown across a number (or all) of the websites that you desire to view, then the issue may reside with the ISP or local network. If this is the case, contact the ISP via phone or chat via smart phone and ask if there is an outage in the local area or specifically with the residence’s Internet service. Once corrected, attempt to access the problem websites.

Step 6 – If there is not service outage to the residence, contact the customer service department of the ISP or the admin on a local network to request a service repair person to verify the modem and wireless router (if installed) in your residence.

The whole article is here if you are interested----------------

http://www.tech-faq.com/502-proxy-error.html

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation