Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

trouble with Apple devices

Regular Visitor

trouble with Apple devices

I have been unable to send or receive email on my iphone, ipad or imac since I upgraded my iphone two weeks ago. My server, Verizon, Comcast and Apple all point to  eachother as being responsible for helping me.  After hours, upon hours on the phone and in person with IT people from these companies, I was finally informed at an Apple store today that comcast/infinity can't really support Apple devices and frequently disconnects their cuotmer's email accounts!  I called Comcast this evening and asked if this were true.  The rep said it was not, and without me pushing one way or another, she promised to "escalate" the problem and I would recieve a call today from a tech at Comcast.  I am still waiting for that call.  I also notced there is no more 24 hour support by phone.

What am I supposed to do now that my devices are rendered useless by having upgraded my iphone?  I think both Comcast and Apple have a lot of explaining to do if it really is a known fact that Comcast can't adequately support Apple products.  This is an absolute scandal as far as I am concerned.  It costs a fortune to have Comcast.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: trouble with Apple devices

I just upgraded my iPhone and iPad, and I am not having any trouble with comcast.

Erase and restore your devices using iTunes. Also make sure your computer is running El Capitan.

Just clicking update on the device can lead to problems.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation