topics

subject search in e-mails search tool

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

subject search in e-mails search tool

searching for a word or subject in the search box for old  e-mails

Accepted Solution

Re: subject search in e-mails search tool

It is possible that a search will find messages without the search term in it because it was part of a conversation with one that does have it.  Here are the criteria you can try to use to narrow it down more----------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/?eqs=FE5A83DF739FFC60BF1BE71B58ADAA0B5EB46D1746FCE57054BBE377F8C4D8AA128AA5D01E4BF786A11D347E5A588335B001B01357E9DAECB874272AC19B6A84D8131683B4C7F48BCBFA02BF5BB008F7

View answer in context
Email Expert

Exactly what is your question about searching?  Are you saying you did a search, or that you need to know how to search or what?  You need to provide better information.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

On open e-mail page, above the column on the left, 'folders' is the box with the familiar 'search' and a magnifying glass in it, try to type a word in it and the box disappears, and a new box appears with only an 'X' in it! Type a word in it, and a column comes up with the word in it to choose, like 'in text' and other choices. Click on any one, and sometimes some old e-mails come up, or mostly the term 'none found" comes up, even though you know there are many e-mails that the word or phrase is in it. Other times when old e-mails come up without the word I typed, and no relationship seems to exist to that word or phrase.

Email Expert

It is possible that a search will find messages without the search term in it because it was part of a conversation with one that does have it.  Here are the criteria you can try to use to narrow it down more----------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox/?eqs=FE5A83...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation