Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

subject line changes to my email address

New Poster

subject line changes to my email address

It started doing this a few months ago - when I reply all to an email and type the message the subject line changes to my email address (minus the @comcast.net).

Any idea why this is happening and/or how to make it stop?

Thanks!

Lisa

Tags (1)
Email Expert

Re: subject line changes to my email address

Interesting.  I don't think I've ever heard of this issue before.  I'm not sure what could cause it, but a thought occurred to me;  by default, when you click on Reply or Reply to All in Comcast email, your email includes the original message that you are replying to.  Try this--------from the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>>Composing.  In there you will see a drop-down that lets you change what happens when replying to a message.  Change it to not include the original message.

Does it still happen then?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the suggestion - I made those changes and it's still happening.  (And as an added bonus it still adds the original messages even though I told it not to - nice software Comcast!)  Ugh.  

Email Expert

OK like I said----I've not encountered this issue before.  So I'm going to escalate this to the forum administrator level and see if you can get some traction that way.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

From your description it sounds like you're using Xfinity Connect webmail.  Can you confirm that?

This is definitely a unique issue, not one we've had before and not one impacting other customers, so my first guess is a browser/cache issue.  The fact that you said changing your reply preferences to not include the original message still includes the message, also has me thinking that it's a cache/browser issue since those preferences do work as expected when tested and used by other customers.

So, long way of asking if you've tried another browser or cleared your cache and cookies to see if that resolves the issue?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I cleared the cache and all that but it didn't change anything - but then I went over to Microsoft Internet Explorer and tried a Reply All and it was just fine.  I normally use Google Chrome so the issue is related to that browser if you want to send it to your tech team.  Let them know I've been using Chrome for a couple of years without issue and this just started happening in the past couple of months.

Thanks!

Lisa

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation