Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

strange holiday username associated with my email account

Frequent Visitor

strange holiday username associated with my email account

I saw something strange when I sent an email to myself. Instead of showing my name and my email, it showed "holiday calendar" something and then my email address. I tried logging into my email account and it is grayed out. Refreshing the screen takes aways the grayed out part, but then cursors just spin and my account info never loads. Then the other tabs just show a "something went wrong" message. This has been like this for quite a while. Not only today. I changed my password and tried to create new email addresses on my computer, hoping the strange generic name would go away from my account. (Business emails I've sent out will be perceived as spam or something with this phony name associated with the email.)

Something seems to be very strange with my emails lately. Can anyone from Comcast explain what has been going on? Has anyone else experienced this? I suspect someone hijacked comcast's email accounts - or some of them.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation