Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

spam folder

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

spam folder

I inadvertantly spamed a couple of emails that I would like to get back. Is there anyway that I can do  that. I thought that I had moved them to another location, but I clicked the spam icon by mistake. Any suggestions to get them back.

Accepted Solution

Re: spam folder

Do they show in the Spam Folder?

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

CCCarole wrote:

No they didn't

Gold Problem Solver

Reporting one or two emails as spam is enough enough to block as spam, so yiu will most likely receive them again...if recent spam emails.  It takes time for the spam filters to 'learn' what is actually spam too.

You can check your Atras Folder just incase something is in there you want.  To do, RIGHT click on the Trash Folder, click on Reciver Deleted messages. A window will open showing deleted emails.  See if any of the ones you want are there.  IF YES, click on each one, then click on the small arrow on the top left of the page.  A new window opens, allowing you to move deleted messages back to the Inbox.  However, I don't know for sure if this option will work for spam email.

The other, and last choice Is to call Comcast Assurance and explain your problem them to them,

Comcast Customer Security Assurance: 1-888-565-4329 (7 days a week from 6AM to 2PM ET), http://security.comcast.net/get-help/contact-comca​st-security.aspx.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Visitor

I tried that, but no luck. Thank you so much for your help. It is no big deal, just wondering how I could get them back. I will try what you suggested. It is an email from which I get a lot of coupons for savings (restaurants, etc.) that I have been getting for  quite awhile. Also newsletters from different websites.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation