Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

sent items folder

New Poster

sent items folder

Just in the past coule of days I have had my most recent emails I have sent to disappear from the sent itmes folder. It is now up to a years worth. I went to the "Trash" folder and did a right click recover deleted items function and found some of my sent items in there, but they only went back to November 10. I may have emptied the trash somewhere around that time, so I assume everything before Nov. 10 is gone. But the wierd thing I found in the recovery window of deleted items were numerous emails listed that says I sent them, with short wierd subject titles and even more wierd subject matter in the body of the email, that I never ever sent. Subject titles like,  rfSmiley Sad0) and having subject matter like, "To you I am atheist, to G'od I'm the Lo'yal o'ppo'sition". Karey Gosney. 

Do I have some kind of virus running in my email? have I been hacked? 

recover deleted items.PNG
Email Expert

Re: sent items folder

Check your deletion schedules to make sure they are set the way you want them. From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>Email, and look about halfway down the list to "Email Deletion Schedules". If it's not that, then as a precaution I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection, or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong.

Once you have done that, call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account.  That recovery feature is only supposed to work for emails you deliberately deleted, and it only goes back 15 days.

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation