Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

sender not shown in inbox message view

Regular Visitor

sender not shown in inbox message view

My inbox message view stopped showing the sender. I called for help , was told I would get a call back, and a week later despite no call the senders started  showed up (looked crude, but it did the job). Now it is gone again. This means that I can't scan them to looked for important mail reliably, or delete new emails always w/o opening them to find out who sent them; it is very wasteful.   Conversation view works for me little of the time, and I risk deleting whole conversations unintentionally.  Please help; I know it can be fixed. Thanks..

Email Expert

Re: sender not shown in inbox message view

Can you clarify-------exactly where is the Sender of an email missing from?  Are you saying their name doesn't appear in the individual emails in the message list, or in the header of the email or what?  Are you using the default Full version of Xfinity Connect on a desktop or laptop, or are you on a tablet or smartphone?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

On my pc when I view the inbox all I see are subject lines. I believe I have the full version. There is an outage at this moment.
Regular Visitor

I see sender only in message view or in message view only when I open each. I think my iPhone is fine
Regular Visitor

I phone is fine. View is normal
Email Expert

There was an outage reported earlier but I think that has been resolved.  Are you still having the problem on the desktop?  If so, have you tried clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history and then re-starting the browser?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Yes, I have cleared the browser cache several times since this began.    To clarify, here was an outage only this evening when I tried to check my version  earlier today; this display problem has persisted for weeks.  Thank you!

Regular Visitor

I finally figured it out. I was trying to change the settings trough the obvious menu item, at the top of the list of mail in my PC, under preferences, where a limited number of view options are offered. No luck.  By chance, when I right clicked an actual individual message, I noticed almost hidden at the bottom of the popup  menu an option that offered to change the entire inbox''s appearance. Makes no sense to put it there,  however,  I was able to check "view - sender", and for the first time in months I do have a normal view of my inbox where I see both the senders and the subjects. Hurray!  Now if this could be put under Preferences, it would be logical! Thank you Latoque for your concern.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation