Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

secondary email

New Poster

secondary email

Since the new format for email (mine just changed this morning), there is no "get external mail" button. I cannot find how to get my secondary comcast email to load new emails. It used to be as easy as clicking the secondary folder button while on my primary email on xfinity site, then clicking on get external mail button and it would load secondary new emails.

Anyone know how to do this with the update?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: secondary email

See https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/apps/faq/index.html, especially the "How do I link my email to an external account?" and "How do I manually link my email to an external account?" links.

New Poster

I don't understand why or how i need to do that. The account is already there, it is another XXXX@comcast.net email I use.

The folder is set up below my regular inbox for my primary comcast.net email account. I can click on the folder and it shows all my emails that were loaded before the email format change. Before the change, all I had to do was click that folder, then click the button up at the top of my email screen that said "get external mail" and all the new emails would load for me to view.

New Poster

Bruce, that does not answer the question. The emails are already linked. Need to load the emails that have not been loaded.

New Poster

After numerous talks with xfinity support, they say the only way to do it for now is to log out of primary account and log back into the secondary account. I expressed my disappointment with this and explained that it is not productive and is a downgrade from the previous system. More than likely, it fell on deaf ears, time will tell and I am not going to hold my breath.

It is frustrating when companies do things like this, claiming a new and improved set up, only to make certain things worse. Then never fixing the bugs. I had no problems the way things were. I am by no means an expert in these things but would venture to say that adding a "get external mail" button to the new system is not a very dificult task if it improves productivity for users.