Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

searching for 10 year old emails

New Poster

searching for 10 year old emails

I would like to find some old emails from my Comcast email address. When I search with keywords that should work, I only get results from the last year. I use Xfinity connect on my PC, and my settings are to never delete email. Thanks for the help

Gold Problem Solver

Re: searching for 10 year old emails

Look at how much storage space showsavailable  above the Inbox.  Most likely these emails were deleted a long time ago though.  Have you always had Never delete checked?

Yiu can search by date,msubject, From, etc, if you are using the full version if XC.

Do yiu have a lot if email in yourvFooders?

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

CC,

Thanks for your reply. I am using 20% of 10 GB of storage. As far as I recall, I have always had "never delete" checked. I don't see any options for advanced search parameters, so perhaps I am using the simpler version? I have several folders, but the great majority of my email is in the 'inbox".

When I search now, the dates go back to 2009, which is an improvement, but I still need another 5 years earlier.

I know that I printed and saved(somewhere) the important emails for just such a situation. I hopefully will find them.

Walter

Email Expert

Do you, or at one time did you, have the account enabled on another device like a smartphone or tablet?  Or maybe a laptop using an email client?  The settings in any of those would override the settings in the Comcast account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi Latoque,

I have several devices that use my Comcast email. phone, iPad and laptop. It is certainly possible that an earlier computer used an email client. I just can't remember when I changed over to using a web client for all my email.

Anyway, I found the printed copies of the emails for which I was searching. All turns out OK.

Thanks for your help,

Walter

Gold Problem Solver

Walter,

Glad you found what you needed.  May I suggest NOT  using web mail for important email?  I would only use a reliable email program.

at tye very least, you can easily save email on your PC, to a thumb drive, or CD, or anywhere else you wushu to save it on your PC.  Just my two cents.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation