Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

saving email messages outside of xfinity email or to a flash drive and being able to reaccess them

New Poster

saving email messages outside of xfinity email or to a flash drive and being able to reaccess them

Question #1: Can I save a folder in my xfinity email that has a large number of emails in xfinity email or email messages enmass to a folder outside of xfinity or to a flash drive and be able to reaccess them?  If this is possible please provide me with detailed instructions.  These are emails I've saved on a single topic that I rarely need to access, but represent an email history which might need to be tapped some time in the future.  I need to get them outside of xfinity because they use up a large amount of my 10GB xfinity account limit.

Question #2: Can I copy these folders or emails into a second xfinity email account I have so I can delete the folder from it's original xfinity email location and increase available space in the original email location?  Please give me detailed instructions if this is possible.

Steve

Email Expert

Re: saving email messages outside of xfinity email or to a flash drive and being able to reaccess th

The only way to easily save emails outside of the account is to enable it in a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail or some other.  Then back them up to an external hard drive or a flash drive, etc.

As for the second question, if you mean you have a secondary account in addition to your primary account, I think they both count toward the same 10 Gb limit.  It's not 10Gb each.  One thing you might consider-------if you have an account with some other email provider like Yahoo, Gmail, Mail.com or something, you could import your Comcast email into that account.  If you are just trying to save space, check the Drafts and Sent folders-------how much stuff is in those that you could delete?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: saving email messages outside of xfinity email or to a flash drive and being able to reaccess th

Thank you for the advice.

Steve

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation