Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

received emails dropped

Frequent Visitor

received emails dropped

why are my received emails being dropped so soon. I think I have missed some online bills because of this.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: received emails dropped

See if you can recover deleted emails this way:

Open XC and RIGHT click on the Trash Folder.

Click on RECOVER DELETED EMAIL

A window opens showing the most recent deleted emails,.Scroll thoufh the list nasd if you find any of the missing ones, highlight them.  Next click on the small green arrow on the top left of the window.  This will opem a NEW window which will allow you to recover and move those emails back to your Inbox.

Do you ONLY use XfinityConnect, or do you also use a smartphone or tablet, or another email program?  Be specific please.

Post back.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for attempting to answer this. I should have been more specific. I do not mean deleted emails; I mean "read" emails that I wanted to keep. Yes, I have a tablet but I only use it for reading and for checking emails, not deleting them. My desk computer is not working properly at this time so I am operating from my laptop. A year or so ago I found where I could check how long I wanted to keep the read and unread emails. I can't find that site now. At the time, it still didn't work. My read emails were disappearing after one month even though I said: keep forever.

Email Expert

Are you using an email client on the laptop? If so, it may be downloading and then deleting messages from the server.  The same applies to the tablet, which will act just like a client.  You need to have all devices with the account enabled on them to use IMAP.  So you need to first check each device and see how you have the account enabled.

Or are you just accessing the webmail with a browser?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I only use webmail - Comcast on all three. This is a long time thing where Comcast stops keeping my read mail after a certain time period. Even if I specify: forever. I cannot find that comcast site to try to change the setting. If someone could just put a link to the proper setting site I would be happy. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I use Safari on the laptop. I use Safari when it will work on the desktop, otherwise Chrome.

Email Expert

To clarify-------you are not using an email client on the desktop or laptop like Thunerbird, Mac  Mail, Outlook or anything like that?

On the tablet, are you using only Safari to access the account, or are you using the mail app that came on it?  This is important, because if the app is using POP3, it will download the emails and then delete them from the server.  The settings on a smartphone, a tablet or an email client will override the Comcast settings in preferences.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I found the email deletion schedule under Preferences. I do have it marked never so I do not know why the read and unread messages are deleted without my say-so.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for this information. I will check on the tablet use. That may be the problem.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation