Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Waiting for Google Analytics" in the browser status bar

Frequent Visitor

"Waiting for Google Analytics" in the browser status bar

On some site, but not all, in the Chrome browser status bar I see "Waiting for Google Analytics" or a similar message while the page is trying to load (see attached). In some cases, a page might take 30 seconds to load. Meanwhile, other sites load just fine.

I've noticed this issue for several weeks. Also, FYI, my speed was boosted and I'm now getting 90 mbps down, meaning that my slow-loading page problem is likely not due the speed of my connection. Maybe it's a DNS issue?

Suggestions would be appreciated?

waiting-for-google-analytics.jpg
Service Expert

Re: "Waiting for Google Analytics" in the browser status bar

jlehrer wrote:

On some site, but not all, in the Chrome browser status bar I see "Waiting for Google Analytics" or a similar message while the page is trying to load (see attached). In some cases, a page might take 30 seconds to load. Meanwhile, other sites load just fine.

I've noticed this issue for several weeks. Also, FYI, my speed was boosted and I'm now getting 90 mbps down, meaning that my slow-loading page problem is likely not due the speed of my connection. Maybe it's a DNS issue?

Suggestions would be appreciated?

Web developers can use Google Analytics to analyze the traffic to their website...  it can also be used to mine much more data...   There is nothing you can do as this is the website performing this ( website server may need more horsepower or a bigger pipe )....  but from your perspective, find anohter website that gives you what you want without the wait.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: "Waiting for Google Analytics" in the browser status bar

Hi, Ray, thank you for your response. I'm pretty familiar with what Google Analytics does and how it works.

At the time of my post to this forum, I had begun to notice this behavior only for a few weeks. For some reason I began to suspect a recent installation of Advanced System Care as a source of the problem. I uninstalled it and haven't seen the "waiting for Google Analytics" message since then.

Perhaps this experience will help others experiencing the same issue, though I can't imagine why ASC was interacting with the browser in this way.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation