Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Unwanted" folder

Frequent Visitor

"Unwanted" folder

I just noticed an email folder titled "Unwanted" in my account with twelve spam emails in it. I did not create this folder and the oldest email is only about a month old. Does anyone know who or what created that folder?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: "Unwanted" folder

Someone has access to your password.  Immediately change your password and secret question.  Also- right click on the Folder and remove it.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

I don't agree with the other reply.  I think comcast created the folder because it pulls in emails it thinks are spam.  If so what the heck is "spam" for.  It does crazy things like pulling in some important emails.  You move them to inbox and they move back to this stupid "unwanted" folder.  You delete the folder and it comes back.  No help from comcast documentation, chat, hard to find references in Google.  The "unwanted" folder is truely unwanted!!!

Also who hacks into your email to create a folder that does these things?  No one.

Frequent Visitor

Someone has access to my password and the only thing they are doing with it is creating an "unwanted" folder and putting some old spam in it?         

Frequent Visitor

So...... after my initial post I deleted the folder and guess what? Its back with what looks like the same emails although I'm not absolutely sure about that last part.

New Poster

Out of curiosity are you checking email with a computer or phone or a combination?  We sometime use a Samsung Galaxy to check email.  That phone does some truly strange things too.  Perhpas it's somehow interacting and causeing the folder to be made.  I really haven't a clue on this.

Gold Problem Solver

ALL-

I have asked one of the Comcast Moderators to look into this for you.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Service Expert

I rarely use Xfinity Connect to access my Comcast email.

I just looked at it to see what folders are listed and yep, there is now a folder named Unwanted.

Kind of silly to have that folder, because Unwanted mail gets sent to trash.

It looks like it was added when there was an update to Xfinity Connect.

edit to add: I went to Xfinity Connect email for my secondary user account. Unwanted does not appear as a folder for that account. There is no Unwanted folder listed in the email account for my husband.

Are you using an email client for mail access? If so, which one?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I download my email using an email client on my home computer (Thunderbird) and also on my android cell phone using the built in email app. I access the Comcast email page from my home computer every couple of months so that I can mark certain mail as spam. I have been doing this for several years. Its only recently that I have noticed the "unwanted" folder. As a side note, Comcast's spam filtering  used to be pretty good but now it seems to be hit or miss. I find spam from the same address in both the spam folder and also my inbox quite regularly.

Service Expert

I have emClient for my Comcast mail. The Unwanted folder shows up in emClient. It is a fairly new addition to Comcast mail.

Thunderbird is used for my non-Comcast email accounts. Since Unwanted does not show up in Thunderbird for those accounts that eliminates a Thunderbird update and addition of that folder by Thunderbird.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

I notified a Comcast Moderator of this issue.  It seems it is appearring in some, but not all Usernames.  They are looking into it now.

CC

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation