Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Uh-oh your not signed in" when I sign in

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

"Uh-oh your not signed in" when I sign in

I can log into my account, xfinity on demand and clearly to get onto the forum. I, however, cannot log into my email. Everytime I click a new link from the main xfinity.comcast.net site, I have to log in AGAIN. When I do so with the email, it takes me back to main site saying "uh-oh your not signed in". If I enter the wrong password, it does not do this but acts as it normally would should you enter the wrong password. I have cleared my internet cache and ran a scan for any malware, but nothing changed or came up in the scan. Help?

Accepted Solution

Re: "Uh-oh your not signed in" when I sign in

So after some searching in the forums. It appears this has been an off and on common occurance since late november, as far as I could see. I not once saw anyone mention useful aid from comcast support. Even those that contacted them directly. Some did manage to figure out how to fix it, and it apparantly happened on more than just chrome. Clearing all of your internet COOKIES (specifically them) should allow you to access the emails again. After testing this myself, I can confirm that it worked. Again, this was from others commenting on other posts, nothing from comcast. Very dissapointed. 

View answer in context
New Poster

I have been having the same problem and I have tried all the same fixes and a few more. It is frustrating me immensely Smiley Sad    HELP!!!!!   It will even let me preview my email titles from the home page but when I click to go to the email it just opens another window displaying xfinity home page. BOOOO

New Poster

I'm experiencing the same login issues.  Fix it, please.

New Poster

I have this problem when using Google Chrome and sometimes with IE.  What is going on?  Give us a fix.

New Poster

Same problem. I check the "stay logged on " to email box, but every time I go out of email I have to sign in again. Never had this problem before. What's the fix?

New Poster

When I first log on to my homepage, it says I am not signed on. So I sign on. If I try to go to E-Mail, I get the same and have to sign on to my E-Mail.

New Poster

I have the same problem - it started yesterday for me and it is a loop that just keeps telling me I am not signed in.  FIX THIS!!!

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem.  I can get my e-mail with no problem on my other devices (tablet, phone, laptop) but on my desk top computer I keep getting bounced back to the sign-in page.  Then it says I haven't signed in.

New Poster

If you are having this problem, like I am, it's probably because you are using Chrome as your browser. Try another browser and you can probably access email. Why they don't post this as a known issue, I don't know. Seems like it would save a lot of frustration if they would post the known issue and a status on the fix.

New Poster

This same problem happened a few months ago and the posts said it was due to Internet Explorer not being compatible.  So I changed to Google Chrome and here it starts again.  I don't think this has anything to do with the browser; it is a problem within Comcast Xfinity.  I have put in a work ticket for this also, but haven't heard back or seen results.  I am very frustrated as well...

New Poster

I am able to access mail through Internet Explorer but not Google Chrome. Unacceptable.

New Poster

A few hours ago, the problem disappeared.  I am hopeful this issue has been fixed.  I got an email just now to let me know the forum support team is aware of this problem and are working on it.

Email Expert

Since this appears to be a browser specific problem there are a number of things you can try to fix it.  Right now Chrome seems to be the one with the issue------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. Cookies, TIFs and other small files in there can cause a lot of problems if they become conflicting, broken or expired. When you have done that, then close out the browser and re-start it.

If that doesn't do the trick, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem there. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Chrome, try using Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Also, you could try switching from the Full version of Xfinity Connect to the Lite version. Go to Preferences>>>>General, and see which one you're using now. Full is the default. Check the Lite, sign out of your email and then back in again. You should be in the Lite version now.

In addition, as a temporary work-around, you could try using the very basic m.comcast.net/m---just type that into your address bar while signed in to the account, and hit return.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

So after some searching in the forums. It appears this has been an off and on common occurance since late november, as far as I could see. I not once saw anyone mention useful aid from comcast support. Even those that contacted them directly. Some did manage to figure out how to fix it, and it apparantly happened on more than just chrome. Clearing all of your internet COOKIES (specifically them) should allow you to access the emails again. After testing this myself, I can confirm that it worked. Again, this was from others commenting on other posts, nothing from comcast. Very dissapointed. 

New Poster

I have been having this problem as well off and on for the last several days. Very frustrating!!! Any tricks found yet as to how to log on?

Regular Visitor

The problem seems to lie with the browser.  I cannot get e-mail in Google Chrome but it works just fine in Internet Explorer.  My suggestion would be to try a different browser.

Contributor

I have the same problem- comcast requires me to sign in each and every time i want to access email or any other comcast feature. I am using Firefox. Very frustrating. Will try clearing cache but am not hopeful. Thanks for any help anyone can give!

Contributor

Tried clearing my cache- didn't help.

THIS PROBLEM IS NOT "SOLVED."

Contributor

This problem is not "solved", as the forum indicates. I'm using Firefox and cleared my cache, with no luck. Still have to sign in every single time I want to access e-mail. This is obviously a problem on Comcast's end and needs to be fixed.

Email Expert

SherryLP wrote:

This problem is not "solved", as the forum indicates. I'm using Firefox and cleared my cache, with no luck. Still have to sign in every single time I want to access e-mail. This is obviously a problem on Comcast's end and needs to be fixed.

Did you try the other suggestions I posted upthread?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. The only temporary solution that worked for me was using Internet Explorer. My default browser is Chrome and that's where the problem lies for me. 

Email Expert

buzz1183 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. The only temporary solution that worked for me was using Internet Explorer. My default browser is Chrome and that's where the problem lies for me. 

Yes-----Chrome is having some problems with Comcast right at the moment.  A lot of people have reported that clearing the cache/browsing history in it, or just resetting it to the defaults solved the problem for them.  Have you tried that yet?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Thank you, thank you!  As you suggested, I just deleted COOKIES, not anything else, and it worked.  Still doesn't get Comcast off the hook, however.  They couldn't have relayed this info?

New Poster

Same problem. No help from Comcast!!!

Email Expert

Lavinia wrote:

Thank you, thank you!  As you suggested, I just deleted COOKIES, not anything else, and it worked.  Still doesn't get Comcast off the hook, however.  They couldn't have relayed this info?

The only Comcast employees in these forums are the people with their names in RED.  They pop in and out of here on no particular schedule.  It's like a part-time gig for them.  They all have other duties assigned to them at Xfinity/Comcast.  The vast majority of the help in here is provided by the customer/volunteers.  Once in a while though, for a particularly bad situation or problem, they will post a  sticky thread up at the top of the forum landing page.  

Browser problems like the one with Chrome being posted in this thread are pretty common.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Your not supposed to delete your cache. Your supposed to delete your cookies. All of them. That's it. It worked for me, and it worked for others. Since I started this thread, it is solved. Good luck. 

Email Expert

ToasterMan wrote:

Your not supposed to delete your cache. Your supposed to delete your cookies. All of them. That's it. It worked for me, and it worked for others. Since I started this thread, it is solved. Good luck. 

That is incorrect.  There are other things in the cache besides cookies that can cause these same issues.  That is why we recommend that the cache be cleared, including cookies and browsing history.  It depends entirely on the situation of the individual account in question.  Clearing cookies alone may or may not solve the issue at hand.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

It's a pain to have to reset saved passwords, but deleting all cookies did the trick.

Regular Visitor

Latoque wrote:

ToasterMan wrote:

That is incorrect.  There are other things in the cache besides cookies that can cause these same issues.  That is why we recommend that the cache be cleared, including cookies and browsing history.  It depends entirely on the situation of the individual account in question.  Clearing cookies alone may or may not solve the issue at hand.

That's fair. I probably could have worded that better. What I mean is that people were deleting their cache when I said to go for your cookies. While i'm sure it could be other things, what people have said on here and other threads points solely to cookies. Also, while cache is used to refer to everything quite often, there is also a check box (in chrome) that is for "Emptying the cache" and could confuse people. Which I have also seen happen. Anyways, i'm rambling now. 

New Poster

This is a temporary fix only! Every time I want to check my email I have to clear my cookies. Comcast has a problem!!

Email Expert

foundmyzen wrote:

This is a temporary fix only! Every time I want to check my email I have to clear my cookies. Comcast has a problem!!

Exactly what is a temporary fix?  I posted several things to try in post # 13-----have you tried them?  What browser are you using?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Same problem here.  I called comcast and was walked through changing setting and deleting cookies.  I have now blocked cookies for most places I visit.  

Regular Visitor

This was a temp fix for me which allowed me to access email in chrome, without having to clear 'all cookies'.

In chrome,

go to settings, scroll down to the bottom and select 'show advanced settings' (blue text at bottom),

then go to privacy. Select content settings button,then select all cookies and site data.

in the search box at top right, type in comcast. it came up with comcast.com and comcast.net results.

I first deleted the 22 cookies i had for comcast.com and retried to access email and it worked.

I did not have to delete the comcast.net cookies.  

Still not an issue of mine, but this allowed me access without changing or deleting anything else.

Regular Visitor

Why can't Xfinity Comcast fix this problem immediately.  That is NOT what we pay Comcast for.  If we have a problem, Comcast should be able to take care of it.

New Poster

I don't think Comcast is listening to us.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats