Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Send mail as" from gmail works with comcast alias address, but not with primary

New Poster

"Send mail as" from gmail works with comcast alias address, but not with primary

Subject says pretty much all: my email alias was setup (can't recall when) in gmail with the "send mail as" feature. When editing its config (in gmail) it shows:

UserName <my-alias-name@comcast.net>
Mail is sent through: smtp.comcast.net
Secured connection on port 587 using TLS

When trying to add my primary comcast email address, though, going into gmail's "add another email address you own", the moment I add the primary account address (let's call it my-primary-name@comcast.net), the next screen comes up with the following message:

"Functionality not enabled.
You must send through comcast.net SMTP servers when you send as my-primary-name@comcast.net. However, this functionality is not available for your account. Please contact your domain administrator for more information."

I would have expected - instead - to be prompted for the SMTP server address/FQDN and some credentials.

The POP3 feature from both primary and alias account from comcast work fine in gmail.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation