Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Explorer not working" message

Contributor

"Explorer not working" message

Often when I am on the Comcast e-mail page, I get a message saying that Explorer has stopped working.  I am usually able to complete whatever task I was doing, but then when I try to exit, the computer hangs and I am forced to restart it.  Also, the last time I did this, when to computer came back, some things were smaller -- the backgound picture no longer filled the screen, the icons on the task bar were smaller (the ones on the left side of the screen were OK), and a couple of web sites were smaller.  When i went to Quicken, my account pages had shrunk and I had to reset the column widths to where they were before. 

If anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it, I'd appreciate the help. Thanks.

Mike

Gold Problem Solver

Re: "Explorer not working" message

Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?  To check, click on Help> About.  A window opens showing the version you are using.

Have you cleared your browser cache?  If not, do it now, then close and re-open your browser.

Also, make sure you have Compatibility View enabled.  That is found under Tools>

Internet Optiins>Compatibility View.

IF. You try a different browser, such as Firefix or Chrome, do you have the same issues?

Carole

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation