Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

"Account had Unauthorized use, reset your password now" message

Contributor

"Account had Unauthorized use, reset your password now" message

started having issues around 4:30 p today with email sending and receiving - on desktop, Outlook and iPhone...I finally decided to log off comcast on my desktop and try to log in, when I did I got a page with the message 'Your account has had Unauthorized use, reset your password now'- so I did - I can now send and receive on my Desktop and Outlook, but can still only Receive on my iPhone 5, it will not send, comes up with an error 'username or password at xxxx@smtp.comcast.net is wrong'....why is is using smtp.comcast???  I haven't changed anything - and it worked 4 hours ago??? suggestions???

Frequent Visitor

Re: "Account had Unauthorized use, reset your password now" message

Hundreds of thousands of Comcast email addresses and passwords were stolen and sold on the internet. Comcast locked a ton of accounts as a result and some people have been allowed to reset their passwords and others haven't. I don't know what happened with you since it seems like you were allowed to reset your password but maybe it didn't stick. I'm not sure even Comcast knows what's going on and if they do, they aren't saying.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation