Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

problem with a google group

Contributor

problem with a google group

I joined a google discussion group quite some time ago and all was good.  Suddenly I am not signed in and am getting a message that google doesn't  like my browser settings. I performed all the suggested functions, dumped the cache, turned cookies on, and security is at medium. I'm still getting the same message.  As a control, I tried my seldom used older laptop and get the same message,  but interestingly, I can sign in with a smartphone.   Any ideas anyone?

Email Expert

Re: problem with a google group

Are you using the most current version of the browser in question?  Which one is it?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Did you follow all of the recomendations listed at:

https://support.google.com/groups/answer/70498?hl=en

If so and you cannot access your group on either your main computer or your old laptop, but can still use your smart phone, then it sounds like clearing your cache files also deleted your group that was active, but is no longer active by the group's owner. So you will have to contact the group's owner to make sure it is still active. The reason why you may still be seeing the group on your smart phone is probably because you haven't cleaned out your app's cache files on your phone yet and are still able to see it. As recommended from the above site, "confirm that the group is active by contacting the group owner." Otherwise, try posting to either of these forums instead:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-problems

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!home

I am not paid by Xfinity nor am I an official Xfinity Forum expert. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those in that program & I hope to one day join them. I am a paying customer just like U. Did I happen to answer your question or solve your issue? If so, then please consider giving me Kudos and / or marking my posting as an "Accepted Solution" so that the other contributors can go on to the next issue. Giving me Kudos and / or marking my postings as an "Accepted Solution" is the best way U can thank us. God bless.
Contributor

All was good till firefox updated itself, then I couldn't  sign in to the group in question.  Using their help page,  I figured out how to disable  the extensions  and accelerators,  then surprise,  I'm back in.  This worked on the Win 8.1 OS, but when I went to change it in the older laptop (win 7) for some reason , I  couldn't find the tutorial, so went back to IE.   That device is more of a combination file cabinet printer interface anyway, so,  not a huge concern.

Regular Contributor

E83821 wrote:

All was good till firefox updated itself, then I couldn't  sign in to the group in question.  Using their help page,  I figured out how to disable  the extensions  and accelerators,  then surprise,  I'm back in.  This worked on the Win 8.1 OS, but when I went to change it in the older laptop (win 7) for some reason , I  couldn't find the tutorial, so went back to IE.   That device is more of a combination file cabinet printer interface anyway, so,  not a huge concern.

Glad it worked. Here's what you can do about the older Win 7 laptop. Firefox has a feature in it called Sync that lets you sync your settings across mulitple devices. Try setting up and enabling the sync feature on the Win 8.1 OS device first and let it sync your settings with Mozilla's server. Then on the older Win 7 laptop, try updating Firefox to the current version and then try syncing your settings up on that laptop using Sync and using the same e-mail address and password that you used on the Win 8.1 OS unit. Once you do this, you may have to disable the extensions and accelerators on the older laptop also, because the sync feature syncs these across muliple devices also.

I am not paid by Xfinity nor am I an official Xfinity Forum expert. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those in that program & I hope to one day join them. I am a paying customer just like U. Did I happen to answer your question or solve your issue? If so, then please consider giving me Kudos and / or marking my posting as an "Accepted Solution" so that the other contributors can go on to the next issue. Giving me Kudos and / or marking my postings as an "Accepted Solution" is the best way U can thank us. God bless.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation