Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

phdair

Frequent Visitor

phdair

Outlook 2007 rendered useless by Comcast dropping pop3 accts. for imap accts. Been using outlook since 2003 and have approx 25000 messages in personal folders. No access to Emails recieved on line. This switch by Comcast seems like the basis for a Class action suit as there is no solution to return function to outlook to the design it was created for. Comcast blames Microsoft and Microsoft blames Comcast.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: phdair

Comcast has not dropped pop3.  

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply Barbie. When I set up my email as pop3, the server automatically changes it to IMAP and displays a notice that my account has been updated to imap.

Silver Problem Solver

Using Apple mail, I chose pop3 and it worked. 

Frequent Visitor

I downloaded Window 10 over Windows 7 back in May 2015.  The email with Comcast problems did not start until September when Comcast changed me from pop to imap. I can still set up a pop account on Outlook but cannot send or recieve offline as before, and a whole new set of personal folders appear for each attempt I make to set up a new account. Now Microsoft says it's phasing out Internet Explorer and eventually will use Microsoft Edge only. I guess we'll have to live with inconvieniences until the big corporations complete whatever they're trying to do.

phdair

Silver Problem Solver

I know that Comcast now offers imap, but this is the first I have heard that they are changing people to that without their consent.

I know there is a ton of issues with Comcast and Windows 10.

Frequent Visitor

That's why I said this could be the basis for a class action suit! It would take hundreds of users with the same experience to file.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation