Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

norton toolbar does not show in chrome 44 after extension update

Contributor

norton toolbar does not show in chrome 44 after extension update

After chrome extension 2015.5.0.121 update for norton toolbar now it doesn't even show up. The toolbar is gone. At the top where there is a little checkmark that doesn't even work. Have uninstalled reinstalled. Restarted computer, ran live update over and over and still doesn't work. Any ideas

Norton Expert

Re: norton toolbar does not show in chrome 44 after extension update

Sorry for the inconvenience. Did you try to reinstall the extensions from Chrome Web store? Did you try to update the extensions on Google Chrome?

Harry

Norton Support

Contributor

Re: norton toolbar does not show in chrome 44 after extension update

What I did was download the toolbar from norton that is why I had 2015.5.0.121 that is probably why nothing worked. Deleted and downloaded the old one which works just without icons. The Chrome store does not whow the ne version only the old version. I guess I have to wait until Chrome updates as a forced update still does not bring up new one. Started using Chrome because firefox still crashes on close with the toolbar enabled and seems ok with Chrome except for the missing icons for safe web. I will wait and see.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation