Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

no email tabs- switch pages, clock sending-time incorrect- future-time,no paragr.

Regular Visitor

no email tabs- switch pages, clock sending-time incorrect- future-time,no paragr.

Since the last rebuild, when many were locked out of email without any forewarning or notification of the rebuild, so that they would KNOW what was going on, the quality of Comcast email has declined drastically!

1. I can no longer paragraph... everything is run together after the email is sent. The coding by Comcast in sloppy and inaccurate and no effort is being made to fix this! Some people care about punctuation and appearance of emails. Comcast does not.

2. The clock which says when the email was sent is inaccurate and is set at a time  many hours in the future, which hasn't even occurred yet!!!

3. Transmission of emails is taking up to 48 hours to be received!!! Abyssmal Comcast service!! Maybe the transmission time is wrong on purpose, to cover up the fact that the transmission took 48 hours???

4. There are no longer tabs at the top to switch from email to email. We need this function restored!!!

5. Why are there so few choices regarding font, etc. Why is there no stationery like Yahoo provides, for sending  special greetings? How hard is that to code???  No effort made by Comcast.... only empty promises and apologies.... and they take your money anyhow without fixing defects.

Email Expert

Re: no email tabs- switch pages, clock sending-time incorrect- future-time,no paragr.

I'm not sure why you can't use normal formatting like a paragraph.  Have you tried clearing the cache/browsing history in your browser and re-starting it?  Have you tried using a different browser as a test?  I am not having any kind of problem like what you are describing.

As for correcting the time stamp----------

Change over to the Lite version of Xfinity Connect from the default Full version. To do so, from the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>General>>>>>>>>>Version. Make the change. Hit the Back button, and then click on Email. Then click on "Timezones" and put in whatever is correct for you. Then you can go back to the Full version if you want to.

As for stationery and fonts--------Comcast email has always been rather stark in that department.  These are among the many reasons a lot of us in here recommend using an email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail or Windows Live Mail etc.  That way you don't even have to look at the Comcast email UI, and you avoid looking at any ads.

Just sayin

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation