Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

my email client doesnt get any emails need help

New Poster

my email client doesnt get any emails need help

i use mozilla thunderbird v31.5.0 and for the last few days this wk it will not get any emails at all no matter what i have tried. even the setting here in the forum and via comcast help section. so far nothing and i have no clue why either. if i log into my comcast account and check email there , it will have a lot of emails waiting so is there something wrong with comcast mail settings and moz thundervird client ?

Email Expert

Re: my email client doesnt get any emails need help

What have you tried do far?  Are you getting any kind of error messages from T-Bird?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: my email client doesnt get any emails need help

sorry for not getting back to this since i just got it working. since nothing worked that has been posted in this forum nor in comcast support( like they ever have anything that worked!) what i end up doing is set all my email account to these setting which it will ask you for your user name and pass word, and for each email account you have with comcast. here is a pic of what i am talking about

http://imgur.com/XqjR6ch

where the server name and the where in the "security settings" box i set it to "none and user pass word" after i did that all worked and i ste=arted to get emails, finally.

suck that i end up missing a code for rent 1 get 1 movie free via redbox ! but at least now i can get emails with out any troubles. not sure how it got that way but now i know if that ever happen again i know what to look for and the how to fix it

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation