Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

moving an email to a folder

Frequent Visitor

moving an email to a folder

How can I love an email to a folder? I have a small business and need to be able to move emails around with ease. As it is now, I have to manually move it where before it was a matter of highlighting, hit move, choose a destination and done. Now I cannot do that.  I have asked for help from comcast, they obviously don't know how either Anyone know?

Expert

Re: moving an email to a folder

Assuming you are in the new email format, try to drag and drop the message from the list to the folder in the left pane.  OR, select the message, then click on the Move button in the toolbar.  It looks like a file folder with an arrow in it.

Frequent Visitor

I tried dragging the message to a folder....that is very difficult to do. Trying to use the tool bar is difficult if you have more than just a couple folders. The ease of doing this was lost when the format was switched. No this answers does not help me.

Expert

Using the Move button is quite easy.  You can select as many messages as you want and move them all at once to whatever folder you need to.  You can also do the same thing using drag and drop--------select multiple messages using the checkbox to the left of each, and they will all move as a block when you drag them to a folder.

Frequent Visitor

Since the update, moving messages has become difficult. Also some folders are either gone or very well hidden. But thank for the try