Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

limited access of web pages

Regular Visitor

limited access of web pages

I can access normally Google, Facebook, Youtube, Netflix - websites with a IPv6 encrypted address (SSL, HTTPS). But I can't access Apple, Ebay, and other IPv4 websites with unencrypted addresses.

Gold Problem Solver
Regular Visitor

Re: limited access of web pages

Well I did go to where it says I should I saw no security alerts
It's still not working
Regular Visitor

it seems like everytime I receive a message like this " This is a Courtesy Notice from Comcast to let you know that you have reached 100% of your 1024 GB monthly data plan for your XFINITY Internet Service. Additional usage will incur overage charges." Yesterday when I got home from work the internet was working then I received this message/alert on my phone and right afterwards the internet started to do the same.

I got back to not  accessing all web pages like ebay.com, petsmart.com, speedtest.com, etc.

Iwent again through the link you sent me into my acccount I don't see any security alerts.

THis is what shows:

Security Notifications

Copyright Alerts

Comcast sends a Copyright Alert to customers when we have received a notice from a copyright owner (or its authorized agent) stating that it believes you may have wrongly downloaded or made available for others to download its copyrighted content (such as music, a movie or television show) via a peer to peer file sharing program (FSP) without the right to do so.

[?]
   You have no Peer-to-Peer alerts.

[?]
   You have no Peer-to-Peer alerts.

Constant Guard Notifications

Comcast values your security and works to assist you in protecting your identity and digital assets
through our Constant Guard Program. Below are recent security incidents associated to your account

[?]
You have no alerts.

Gold Problem Solver

johnmichaeloni wrote: Well I did go to where it says I should I saw no security alerts
It's still not working

Nevertheless, their buggy notification system is thought to be the cause of the problem you are seeing. The system is managed by their Security Assurance group. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/) and ask them to fix it. Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Regular Visitor

Prior issue was finally resolved.

Now  I have this other issue.

I believe date meter is reading erroneously my usage.

Last month it says I used 2985 gb in the motnh of december which is rediculos and completely impossible.

now on January 1st is says I have used 216 gb in one day and it's only 10.30 p.m. 

At this rate I will be using this month about 6000 gb which is insane.

Can someone please help me on this issue?

I have called so many times and noone is able to fix this problem.

IF i don't have this issue resolved by the end of this week I am going to have to change providers

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation