Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

imap.comcast.net

New Poster

imap.comcast.net

Suddenly all my email messages disappeared from my ipad.  Can not  access email.  Get following message.

Imap.comcast.net not responding.  Verify that account info correct.

What happened? Everything working fine for 5 years and then all of the sudden email gone.

New Poster

Re: imap.comcast.net

I am experiencing the same problem.  it tells me that the mail server "imap.cmcast.net" is not responding.  I don't understand why it would have deleted all my emails though...

Tech support live chat isn't very helpful either.  he is so worried about account verification that he isn't looking at this as an actual problem.  I told him it has nothing to do with my billing or actual account info.  still wants info to verify account...

This is why I just need to get rid of Comcast.

Well, Comcast live Chat's idea to fix the issue was to delete my account off of my phone and add it back on.  I asked why this happened and he said, "Some time Comcast update some setting for tthe users due to this you need to try it again."

I added a new account and it connects, but I still don't have the hundred or so emails that were lost.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation