Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

how to transfer address book from outlook to comcast given ours is microsoft XP

New Poster

how to transfer address book from outlook to comcast given ours is microsoft XP

we have used outlook for e mail and address book. Now we want to try comcast e directly but can't transfer address book... is it because we have microsoft XP ?

Email Expert

Re: how to transfer address book from outlook to comcast given ours is microsoft XP

Export your Outlook contacts to your computer's desktop as a .csv file.  Then go to the Comcast Inbox page, and click on Address Book  Then click on "Build Your Address Book".  Then click on the generic "Import".  Then you will see a panel with some choices.  You want CSV Import.  There you will see the instructions to import from Outlook.

Lots of people still use XP.  I don't think that would prevent you from exporting or importing contacts.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: how to transfer address book from outlook to comcast given ours is microsoft XP

That was very kind of you to give instructions....and as a luddite of sorts, I hope I can figure out what export and .CSV file means! but I am game for trying... bless you Latoque

Email Expert

Import and export mean exactly what they look like,  and .csv is "comma separated values".  It's the type of file most commonly used to import or export contacts from address books.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

thank you

New Poster

me again, your instructions worked well until on panel page of comcast  choice for CSV import, it required the name of file and when I wrote it, they said file not found and I couldn't find it either when I went back to documents! 

Email Expert

OK I don't have Outlook myself and have no experience with it as such.  Try this------go directly to the Plaxo website to do the transfer that way.  Sign in with your Comcast account information--------------

https://www.plaxo.com/auth?secure=1

Plaxo is the company that actually provides the address book and Calendar functions for Comcast.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thank you again...and I will leave you in peace

Silver Problem Solver

bcg35 wrote:

we have used outlook for e mail and address book. Now we want to try comcast e directly but can't transfer address book... is it because we have microsoft XP ?

Hello,

Here are the steps when using outlook:

• Open Outlook and click File > Options.
  • When the Outlook Options window opens, click Advanced. ...
  • In the Import and Export Wizard window, select the Export to a file option, then click Next.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation