Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

full version email does not have "save" button after clicking preference & General.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

full version email does not have "save" button after clicking preference & General.

Somehow the lite version is stuck on and I did not select it.  It appeared after NEW Xfinity home page showed up.

I want to get rid of the lite version and keep Full Version.

This is what appears.  There is no "save" to click?  Help

We recommend you use the Full Version of XFINITY Connect instead of the Lite Version to take full advantage of all the features XFINITY Connect has to offer. Learn more about the difference
between the two versions here.
Full version

Accepted Solution

Re: full version email does not have "save" button after clicking preference & General.

I still can't get rid of the lite version---THAT I DID NOT CHOOSE OR WANT.  It appeared automatically when NEW XFINITY home page appeared and FORCED MY full version email to lite version.

I am quite troubled that this is the only place a customer can get assistance...and then it is supplied by volunteers.

IF COMCAST HAS NO SOLUTION TO MY REQUEST TO DUMP THE LITE VERSION, AND RE-ESTABLISH THE FULL VERSION -  PLEASE TELL ME SO I CAN MAKE OTHER PLANS..

Calling Comcast on the phone is a waste of valuable time.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: full version email does not have "save" button after clicking preference & General.

Comcast removed the Save button a while ago.  Changes are now automatically saved.  What happens when you tick the Full version button?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, it is not switching automatically.  I then tried clicking the "lite" version and at the top of the insert page with "collapse" at extreme right...the word "save" appeared in the center.  Immediately, I clicked the "full" version and word "saved" poped up automatically.  Went back to email and the lite version was still there. 

I then disabled all add-ons and went thru the same drill above once again.  Went back to email and lite version is still there.  Cashe and cookies were deleted on all occassions.  Ran full virus program and both times came back clean. 

Any ideas how to get rid of the "lite" version?  I never requested it or clicked it.  It just appeared after the NEW Xfinity home page showed up.

When I click Preference, General....it indicates I'm using the "full" version.  NOT TRUE.  The lite version simply will not bug off and that's expressing my frustration politely.

Frequent Visitor

What happens when you tick the Full version button?

Sorry, I didn't answer your question directly.  My answer is nothing.  Clicking it produces "nothing" as it says I am already using the "full" version.    Whatever version is already showing by indication of blue circle filled in...prevents clicking to produce action.   Only by clicking the circle that is not filled in produces the word "saved".  For some reason, there is no automatic switch occurring when I toggle between the two choices.

Frequent Visitor

I still can't get rid of the lite version---THAT I DID NOT CHOOSE OR WANT.  It appeared automatically when NEW XFINITY home page appeared and FORCED MY full version email to lite version.

I am quite troubled that this is the only place a customer can get assistance...and then it is supplied by volunteers.

IF COMCAST HAS NO SOLUTION TO MY REQUEST TO DUMP THE LITE VERSION, AND RE-ESTABLISH THE FULL VERSION -  PLEASE TELL ME SO I CAN MAKE OTHER PLANS..

Calling Comcast on the phone is a waste of valuable time.

Email Expert

Try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way.  What browser and version are you using now?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation