Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

eudora ssl

New Poster

eudora ssl

For about five years I have used the Eudora program to access my emails.  A couple of moths ago I had a problem with SSL Certificate failures.  I finally overcame this but it recurred last night.  Anybody else have this problem and how did they solve it ?

New Poster

Re: eudora ssl

We're having the same problem.  The only way that I can make Eudora 7 check or send email is to not use the Secure Sockets.  As you noted, this happened a few months ago, but only with sending, so we have not been using Secure Sockets on send since then.  The change that occurred lat night is that it now doesn't work on email access unless you don't use the Secure Sockets.

New Poster

After writing the previous message, I looked around a bit more and found a fix that works:

http://blog.timeoff.org/rick/2015/01/07/eudora-and-ssl-certificate-failures/

Official Employee

tpari wrote:

For about five years I have used the Eudora program to access my emails.  A couple of moths ago I had a problem with SSL Certificate failures.  I finally overcame this but it recurred last night.  Anybody else have this problem and how did they solve it ?

This long thread contains a number of tips to help Eurora users get things working with SSL.   Start from the beginning and read straight through to the end:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ATTENTION-Updated-SSL-certificate-for-s...

Euroda unfortunately makes loading/enabling new certificates a tedious process :-/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks - I am a complete novice - what settings do I use to dissable SSL and what are the downsides. The local computer geek decided to put Thunderbird on as a Eudora replacement but we have been unable so far to movet the files from Eudora to Thunderbird.so I would like to continue Eudora if I can.

Frequent Visitor

This sounds like a problem with an expired certificate, which has become an issue as ISPs change there SSL certificates more frequently than in the past.  This is not specifically a Eudora problem, but there is a way to fix the issue within Eudora.  Try the following link from the Eudora FAQs web site:

Fixing Certificate Trust Errors in Eudora for Windows

-Danny.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation