Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

emails to folders

New Poster

emails to folders

Since the new email changed it's style, I cannot figure out how to moe an email to a folder.  I used to be able to drag it.

Email Expert

Re: emails to folders

You should be able to drag and drop it as before.  Just click, hold and drag.  Another way to move it is to select the message in the list, then click on the icon in the toolbar that looks like a file folder with an arrow in it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I also can't drag emails from the inbox to my folders with this new email.  Sure you can use the move but that takes more time.  Is there any setting that allows you to do the drag feature or is it lost in this new email?

I only was forced into the new system for one of my email addresses.  The address with the old system works just fine for dragging emails from the inbox to folders.  How do I change back to the old system?  

Email Expert

Dagor825 wrote:

I also can't drag emails from the inbox to my folders with this new email.  Sure you can use the move but that takes more time.  Is there any setting that allows you to do the drag feature or is it lost in this new email?

I only was forced into the new system for one of my email addresses.  The address with the old system works just fine for dragging emails from the inbox to folders.  How do I change back to the old system?  

Once you have been migrated to the new format, you cannot revert to the old one.  In the account in question, try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I tried another computer with Windows 10 and it does work on it.  Just doesn't on my Windows 7 with Explorer 11.  Old email system does work OK.

Email Expert

Dagor825 wrote:

I tried another computer with Windows 10 and it does work on it.  Just doesn't on my Windows 7 with Explorer 11.  Old email system does work OK.

Did you try clearing history in IE-11?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Yes I tried clearing the history and restarting Explorer but that didn't help.  Actually my Explorer is setup to delete history on closing.  Plus I ran Norton file cleanup.

Can anyone else with Windows 7 and Explorer 11 verify that the drag feature works on their computers.  That would at least pin it down to a problem with my computer not the Comcast software.

Official Employee

I use IE11 and Win 7 frequently in the office and drag and drop with no issues.

You can try resetting IE 11 following instructions found here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/internet-explorer#ie=ie-11-win-7

That may help. 

Brett

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation