Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

email

Combine 2 comcast.net email accounts to one inbox online.

Accepted Solution

Re: email

Yes it did!

Thank you,

Bob

View answer in context
Email Expert

Assuming you are talking about the webmail, just set up one account to auto-forward to the other one.  From  the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>Email>>>>>>Email Forwarding.  Or, you could add one account to the other as you would an external account like Yahoo or Gmail.  Again from the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>Email Accounts.  That way it should show in the left folders pane as another folder.  Another option would be to set up both accounts in a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Latoque wrote:

Assuming you are talking about the webmail, just set up one account to auto-forward to the other one.  From  the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>Email>>>>>>Email Forwarding.  Or, you could add one account to the other as you would an external account like Yahoo or Gmail.  Again from the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>>Email>>>>>Email Accounts.  That way it should show in the left folders pane as another folder.  Another option would be to set up both accounts in a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.

I do use the webmail. I have the account forwarded  to my primary address, but it still goes to that email's folder in the folder list on the left. When I try to delete that folder it says to either delete that account or change the destination folder. I can't delete the account as it is well used as is my primary account. They are both comcast.net adresses. How do I change the destination folder to the Inbox folder?

Thanks for your help,

Bob

Email Expert

About the only other thing I can think of is to go into the preferences for the primary account, and set up a filter to direct incoming email from the other account into the Inbox of the primary.  Have you tried that?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes it did!

Thank you,

Bob

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation