Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email

New Poster

email

My husband recently updated my email account and now my desktop and iphone emails are linked.  I DO NOT want them linked.  I delete all emails from my phone but choose to keep some on my  desktop.  Can this be un-done?

Email Expert

Re: email

If you are using an email client on the desktop like Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail, etc, then you need to configure the account in it using POP3 instead of IMAP.  With IMAP everything is synced, so that whatever you do to an email on one device is reflected on any other with the same account enabled on it.  POP3 will download the messages to the computer, and by default will then delete them from the server.  If your client doesn't auto-configure the account for you, the settings you need are here-------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation