Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email

Frequent Visitor

email

One of my co email accounts has disappeared from the list that shows all the accounts. But when I try to add that account back I get the message that the account already exists. How do I establish this account again? 

Also my emails go through Comcast and it shows this account but it tells me that either the user name or password is incorrect. Thanks for any help.

Email Expert

Re: email

Are you using only the Comcast webmail, or an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  When you say "co emil account" are you referring to a secondary Comcast account or what?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes only Comcast and its not the main account its a secondary account

Email Expert

When you sign into "My Account" at the top of the page, and then go to "Users and Preferences", you should see a tab for the primary account.  Any secondary accounts you have should appear to the right of it.  Are you seeing the account in question there?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

No.

Email Expert

Then it appears that somehow, the account was deleted.  When a user ID is changed or deleted, it is suspended for 90 days.  It's still running in the background-------you just can't access it or see it using the webmail UI.  That would explain why you get the "already exists" message when you try to re-create the account.  After the 90 day period is over, the ID will be released back into the pool of available IDs for any other Comcast customer that wants it.

I can only suggest that you call Comcast security and see if they can reinstate it for you, no guarantees---------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help. Comcast support did find the account and re-established it.

Latoque wrote:

Then it appears that somehow, the account was deleted.  When a user ID is changed or deleted, it is suspended for 90 days.  It's still running in the background-------you just can't access it or see it using the webmail UI.  That would explain why you get the "already exists" message when you try to re-create the account.  After the 90 day period is over, the ID will be released back into the pool of available IDs for any other Comcast customer that wants it.

I can only suggest that you call Comcast security and see if they can reinstate it for you, no guarantees---------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation