Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email

Regular Visitor

email

My email messages are deleted after 7 days.  I have checked Preferences a dozen times and it has been set consistently to "never" or "until I delete".  Now Preferences wont even load.

New Poster

Re: email

how did u get in email??  its not working at all here

Gold Problem Solver

Re: email

maplewild wrote: ... I have checked Preferences a dozen times and it has been set consistently to "never" or "until I delete".  ...

Most often email disappears from Comcast's "Xfinity Connect" webmail Inbox because an email program (ex: Outlook, Mac Mail) or mobile device (smartphone, tablet) using the POP protocol downloads the mail and removes it from the server.

Check all mobile devices and email programs on all computers. The missing mail may be in the Inbox of one of these. If necessary, change the Comcast password for the affected userID to prevent mail from being removed. You can change your password in "My Account" (https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/UserSettings/) under "Users & Preferences" / (username) / "Basic Settings" / Username / "Change password". Once you identify the offending device or program, change its settings to "Leave a copy on the server", and make sure that a "Delete after xxx days" or similar setting is not active.

The "Email Deletion Schedule" settings in Xfinity Connect do not protect messages from being removed by email programs or mobile devices.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation