Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email username

New Poster

email username

I registered a new email yesterday.  When i filled in the information, I used some capital letters in the username.  Is it possible to edit this to all lower case letters?  I've tried to delete the account and register it again using only lower case, but it comes back the original way with several of the letters being in caps.

Email Expert

Re: email username

I just tried it and I can't get it to change from upper to lower case either.  When you delete an account, what happens is that it is suspended for 90 days, and then it's released into the pool of available IDs for any other customer that wants to claim it.  So my guess is that the account is still active, but you just can't see it, but when you try to re-create it the program is still seeing the first version of the ID.

I did an experiment with this once----I created a secondary account and set it up in Mac Mail.  Then I deleted the account from Comcast.  However, for 90 days I could still use it from Mail even though I couldn't see it or sign into it with the Comcast UI.  After the end of the 90 days, I was able to re-create the same user ID as no one else had claimed it.

But I assume you don't want to wait 90 days.  So try this------delete it again, and then re-create it with a slight change like adding a number or something to the end of it.  Otherwise I can't see any way to do what you want short of waiting the 90 days.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation