Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email trash

Frequent Visitor

email trash

How can I increase the number of emails that go to trash, currently set at 99?

Email Expert

Re: email trash

The 99 indicator is just that------it lets you know you have at least that many unread messages in that folder.  It's not a limit.  The displayed number just won't get any bigger than that.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply. I should have worded my question differently. Is there any way to increase my saved trashed emails to say, 1000, rather than the current 250. 250 emails gives me about 2 weeks of trash history and I would like more.

Email Expert

In the new email format, the Trash and Spam folders use the following schedules-------------------

• Spam is stored for 7 days or 2,000 messages, whichever comes first
  • Trash is stored for 14 days or 5,000 messages, whichever comes first

There is no way to pre-set a given number of messages in either one.  There are a couple of things to consider:  

1)  If you have the account enabled in a desktop email client like Thunderbird or Mac Mail, any settings you use in those will override the Comcast webmail settings.  So if you set it to keep Trash for a month-----that's what should happen even if the webmail UI is at 14 days.  The same applies if you have the account enabled using the mail app on a mobile device.

2)  If you only want to use the webmail, you can create a local folder, then move the messages out of Trash to that, or just move them there from the Inbox in the first place.  That folder would not be subject to the Trash folder schedule unless you make it a sub-folder of the Trash folder.

The bottom line is that the Trash and Spam folders are neither designed nor intended to be used for storage purposes.  For that, you should use  local folders.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation