Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email sharing

Contributor

email sharing

How do I set up three computers so they all get the same messages on the same comcast.net email account address?

Email Expert

Re: email sharing

There's really nothing to set up if you are using just the webmail.  All that's required is that all three users know the user ID and password. That said, keep in mind that if one of you does something to an email like marking it read or unread, or moving it to another folder, the other two will probably have to refresh the page to see the change.  I'm assuming you are talking about three different people using the machines, but if it's only you the same still applies.

Another option------use an email client on each machine like Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail, and make sure the account is set up using IMAP in them.  That way everything is synced, so all three would see the same things all the time.  Again, all they would need is the email address and password.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Customer Expert

Re: email sharing

If you have three people and three (or more) devices and they all want to be able to see all the messages (including having to delete them on every device separately as well as separately on the server), you could use POP access to the server and have each email client leave the messages on the server.

That way, Joe downloads email to his iPhone and does what he needs to do which doesn't affect the messages on the server. And Marie downloads email to her Android phone and reads the emails she needs there. Sandy does the same on the family Mac. Every so often someone cleans up the messages on the server.

It really depends on how you want to share and use your accounts.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: email sharing - something else

There is something else that I should stated. For the past week  and a half, there has been an issue where at different times of the day that all in comming emails will suddenly vanish and go to trash. If we are on our cell phone we would have to log on to Xfinity to retrive them in the trash. How does this relate to Imap?

Than ks, John

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation