Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email setup for win 8 and microsoft mail client

Regular Visitor

email setup for win 8 and microsoft mail client

When i first set up my win 8 computer last year i set it up for Comcast connect IMAP. It hasn't received an email since July 17, 2015.

My other computer running outlook 2003 with Vista started acting up about 2 months ago. now it will not receive or send emails. When I check the settings and send a test message it said it worked, however I didn't receive the test message. I got it on my iphone, but not on either computer. I am at my wits end... I have tried every combination of settings I can think of. Error message cannot connect to server!!! Telephone support no help. The tech had no idea what settings should be tried. As long as I got his test message directly from Xfinity Connect he was satisfied.

Boo Hoo Me

Email Expert

Re: email setup for win 8 and microsoft mail client

As a test, on the Windows 8 machine, delete the account in Windows Mail app and then re-create it from scratch.  See if that has any effect.  You could also try using Windows Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird.

I have mixed feelings about the Windows Mail app on my 8.1 machine.  I have two iCloud email accounts.  One works flawlessly, and the other one I can't even get set up using the same settings.  No matter what combination of settings I try I keep getting the message saying it can't find the account.

Go figure.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Works on win8. But only get last 12 emails. vista I deleted all accounts and reinstalled pop3. Error msg #0z800408FC: Server name cannot be found on network!!!!!!!. Help me again.
Tomhar
Regular Visitor

Sorry, I got too excited. The win8 only received 17 emails from the moment I activated it. (10:07am) How do you tell it to send and receive mail? I clicked box to download upon reciept. This whole situation is out of control. Looks like i'm not the only one having trouble. The vista/outlook will send but not receive pop3. gives me error code: 0x800408FC

New Poster

Did you find a solution to your issue?  My email was fine for months and 2.5 days ago I suddenly cannot receive (Pop3) or send email.  I don't see how changing my settings should help since it was working fine on the original settings.  However I've gone ahead and deleted and attempted to recreate my email numerous times with numerous settings (for what reason I have no idea).  No success.  Cannot connect.  I can get email on my iphone and on the Comcast website.

This is the 2nd time this has occurred in the last several months.

Regular Visitor

I use mail.comcast.net as incoming server with 995 and 465

I set-up an IMAP account using imap.comcast.net with 993 and 587

They seem to be working ok now.

Hope this helps

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation