Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

email "upgrade" on november 13, 2017

New Poster

email "upgrade" on november 13, 2017

i was suprised by an email "upgrade" alert that was pushed on me last night by comcast. I took the quick tutorial and noticed none of my folders were labeled on the far left hand side of the screen. i called customer support and they instructed me to sign out. i did, and when i signed back in, the folders (i think all of them - need to check) reappeared with lables. what didn't appear was any "send" button functionality! that's right. you could compose an email but there was no way to send it! i was on the phone for over an hour with a rep who got as frustrated as i was. he finally took my name and number and told me someone would be calling me back today after 6pm PDT. he did share that this issue had happened with an earlier version of the "upgrade".

this morning i was finally able to figure out how to get the "send" button to appear. it involves opening a new email, clicking on "reply" and then composing your response. then that version is saved to the "drafts" folder. you then have to go to the saved version in "drafts" and open the email again. this time select the "edit" feature. for some odd reason, you then see the "send" button on the lower left hand side of the box that contains this newly created email, and you can send the email out.

come on comcast. didn't you do any Q/A before rollling this "upgrade out? and what happened to allowing your techs to remote in to see what i'm seeing on my screen? they can't really help at all. it's like asking a boxer to try to fight with both arms tied behind his/her back. you better be a good kicker... 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: email "upgrade" on november 13, 2017