Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email problem

Frequent Visitor

email problem

When working on emails in the new Xfinity connect platform, this error message frequently appears on my screen:

Error: Referenced mail "805003" could not be found in folder "Drafts".

Sometimes, I am then unable to send, save or discard the message, which forces me to start over again from scratch. This is causing a tremendous waste of time and energy.  Does anyone else have this problem?  Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

Email Expert

Re: email problem

I've never seen that error before.  What were you doing when it popped up?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Composing emails. It seems like there is a problem when the system automatically saves an email while I'm still composing.  Once that error message pops up, I can't send, save or discard at the bottom of the screen. This forces me to close mail and start over.  Sometimes there is a recently saved version in Drafts but not always.

Email Expert

OK if you want to try an experiment-----------------click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the Inbox page, then on Settings.  Under Mail Settings scroll down to "Auto-Save Email Drafts," click on the up/down arrowheads and you will see the option to disable that feature.  Then try composing again and see if the same thing happens.  You might have to sign out and back in again to make the setting change "stick".

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the suggestion. I did not turn off the auto-save function but I changed it from every minute to every 3 minutes and the problem has become a little less frequent, so there is clearly some connection between the saving of drafts and the problem. (I'm reluctant to turn off auto-save altogether in case I forget to save manually and possibly lose a great deal of work.) It seems that once a draft is saved automatically, you need to discard it before leaving email to do something else. For example, if you leave the unsent draft open and go to another screen, it seems like Xfinity has two versions of the draft competing with each other in active memory (my non-techie description). This seems to be what triggers the error message and the unresponsive screen. We are learning to work around this problem but I think it would help if Xfinity would provide some clarification regarding the workings of the "send, save, discard" boxes at the bottom of the email. We interpreted "discard" as "delete" but I don't think that's accurate. You can discard a draft and it still remains in your drafts folder.

Email Expert

I'm escalating this thread to the forum admins for follow-up.  This should not be happening to you.  I have not had the issue myself.  You should not need to be trying to use workarounds to get it to function correctly.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Admin1

Hi hairybunyip -- Are you seeing this Draft error via web portal, Connect Mobile App, or both?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

it only happens on our home computer using safari, firefox and chrome.  We use safari about 95% of the time but we tried the other browsers to see if this error occurred with them too - and it did.

Admin1

Start by clearing Cache & Cookies from all browsers on your computer. When saying "it only happens on our home computer", does that imply that you have tested this with other computers too? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Please tell me the consequences of clearing cache & cookies before I do it.  and no,we have not tested it on any other computers.  we only have access to our home computer.

Email Expert

hairybunyip wrote:

Please tell me the consequences of clearing cache & cookies before I do it.  and no,we have not tested it on any other computers.  we only have access to our home computer.

Clearing cache and history just cleans out all the ccokies, temporary internet files and other stuff in the browser's memory.  Those files can easily become corrupted, or conflicting, broken or expired over time.  Such small files can cause all manner of weird problems.  So you'll wind up signing into everything again.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation