Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email issues continue

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

email issues continue

The issues with connecting and receiving email have been going on now for several days here in Virginia.

We have tried different browser, cleaning the cache, reboot ect. Nothing helps. The email works interminably and then goes down again. 

I see that Comcast claims the issues have been fixed but they have not been fixed. Still getting messages Proxy error, server unavailable, 400 bad request ect,

For the amount of money Comcast charges customers this is unacceptable. 

Are we the only ones having this issue? 

Accepted Solution

Re: email issues continue

I am still having those same e-mail issues.  I am in a suburb 35 miles west of Chicago, IL.  This has gone on for more than a week.

For two (2) days Comcast Francisc had a pinned topic at the top of this Forum-May 11 and May 12, 2017.  It was very helpful;  However it was marked as "Solved" and unpinned.  I have asked in a post, yesterday, 05/13/17, that a Forum Official create a new Pinned Post.  I have not had any replies (zero) replies.  I though it was a good idea. 

I am STILL experiencing all the very same things as everyone replied to within ComcastFrancisc Pinned Post.  I, too, participated and replied in THAT thread.  I have, since, re-read it (ALL of it), several times (because I am THAT desperate).  I know that I have become reduced to an utterly, pathetic, beggar IT Thingie, in the larger scheme of  what is considered of value (plus, my timely full amounts of monthly payments, of course).

I do suggest that you read that entire thread.  

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

I am still having those same e-mail issues.  I am in a suburb 35 miles west of Chicago, IL.  This has gone on for more than a week.

For two (2) days Comcast Francisc had a pinned topic at the top of this Forum-May 11 and May 12, 2017.  It was very helpful;  However it was marked as "Solved" and unpinned.  I have asked in a post, yesterday, 05/13/17, that a Forum Official create a new Pinned Post.  I have not had any replies (zero) replies.  I though it was a good idea. 

I am STILL experiencing all the very same things as everyone replied to within ComcastFrancisc Pinned Post.  I, too, participated and replied in THAT thread.  I have, since, re-read it (ALL of it), several times (because I am THAT desperate).  I know that I have become reduced to an utterly, pathetic, beggar IT Thingie, in the larger scheme of  what is considered of value (plus, my timely full amounts of monthly payments, of course).

I do suggest that you read that entire thread.  

New Poster

I am having this same issue since last Wednesday.  I have tried on four deparate devices.  On Windows, it just perpetually loads.  On the iPhone I get a timeout error.  I have been working with the Twitter account with no success.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue here in SE Michigan. For at least the past 10 days. My default browser is Mozilla FireFox2. I get a 502 error, a 400 error, a radio box reply that states "Server unreachable", a PROXY fail notice...

Switched over to the EPIC browser, and that attempts to open my email, but stays in a timing loop with no response.

My wife's email account is unaffected--even though she has her sign in configured the same way mine is! Maddening.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation