Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email deletion

New Poster

email deletion

Need to know how to delete all "deleted" mails that show up in a folder that says "recover deleted items"... I do NOT want anyone to see that what I thought was deleted is still in another area, waiting to be "recovered"... I want to delete FOREVER... and I cannot do it, I do not know how.

Email Expert

Re: email deletion

You can't delete from that folder.  It was deliberately designed that way because Comcast got so many complaints and requests from people wanting to recover emails that they had deleted and then had second thoughts about later on.  Understand------the only emails that are supposed to show up in that folder are those you deliberately deleted yourself.  If messages are deleted because of your deletion schedules in Preferences they won't appear in either Trash or that recovery folder.

The feature is supposed to go back two weeks.  Then the messages will dissappear on their own.  But some people have found that it may go back a little farther.  It is still a relatively new feature that was introduced around last August I think.  Once the messages dissappear from that folder  they cannot be recovered.

So yes, you can delete permanently----it just takes longer than it used to.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: email deletion

Thank you!! Now I have a better understanding of this thing!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation