Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email addresses and junk mail

New Poster

email addresses and junk mail

I was getting so much junk mail on one of my email addresses that I decided to convert my real accounts to a new address.  I created a new email address and before I even had a chance to change anything over, I started getting junk mail on it!  I have another email address that I have never used, and am getting junk mail on that!  Another email address I haven't used for about three years or more, is now receiving junk mail.  

The only way anyone would have these addresses is by accessing my Comcast Account!

Has anyone else had this problem?  What to do?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: email addresses and junk mail

In Preferences, do you have the Spam Filter on?  Are yiu reporting all soam on the toolbar soam icon?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Thank you for your response CCCarole,

Yes, my spam filter is on.  I expect to get some spam.  The problem here is that I have gotten spam on three email accounts that I haven't used.

I sent a message to Tom Karinshak and got a quick response from someone in his office, Daniel.  He said he believed my computer had a virus that allowed someone to see my email accounts and sell them.  He suggested that I get Lifelock identity theft that would scan to see if my email addresses had been sold.  I haven't done that yet.  I hate to purchase that insurance.

Do you have any other ideas? 

New Poster

I got an email again from Darryle in Mr. Karinshak's office.  They told me that our email addresses are offered to their "partners" who are not supposed to use them for any purpose other than as it would relate to Comast.  Apparently this agreement has failed miserably, because I am still getting emails on accounts I hadn't even used and one I hadn't used for years.  So they are getting my account information directly from Comcast.

Darryl put my email address on "do not email" list.  I asked him to put all my emails on this list and he agreed to do so.  I don't know if that is worth much or not.  He said it would take up to six weeks for this to take affect, but honestly, my email addresses have already been sold or traded or shared by whatever name they choose to call it.  I am still getting junk mail.

Happy for the response I got, but not happy with Comcast authorization of sharing my email addresses with anyone else.  I pay for my account.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation