Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

email address book archive access

New Poster

email address book archive access

Lost my laptop and Outlook email address book.  Wondering if Comcast has an archived copy of my email list.  AOL does that for their customers.  What shows up live on the Xfinity email page is just the few addresses I've added recently while starting to rebuild my list.  It would be instantly complete and less time-consuming to import an archived address book if such is available. Advice needed.  

Complaint:  there's no "Customer Support" when clicking on the links at various pages on the Xfinity website, but all the links for purchasing more services are active.  Duh!  Would be helpful to ACTUALLY get customer service, paying what we do EVERY MONTH!  If you no longer offer live customer support, then at least redirect those links to a live chat service or your phone number. It's really frustrating to repeatedly get to a dead end on unsupported "Customer Support" links with no further options offered.  

Email Expert

Re: email address book archive access

Yes, Comcast does automatic back-ups of the address book.  From the Inbox page, click on Address Book.  On the landing page look at the upper right and you will see "Backup and Restore".  Click on that and you will see a list of back-ups and when they were made.  Click on "Start Recovery Wizard" and follow the prompts.  You can also access your address book directly from the Plaxo website (Plaxo actually provides the address bood and calendar) and signing in with your Comcast ID and password----------------------

https://www.plaxo.com/auth?secure=1

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation