Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

edit email filter

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

edit email filter

I am trying to edit or delete two email filters.  I go to preferences, find the line for filters, click on the icon for edit or delete, take the action I want, submit, but the website does not save the changes.  It says Problem In Saving.  What can I do?

Accepted Solution

Re: edit email filter

RogerGK -- Apologies for this filter issue. I saw this issue happen recently and it was able to clear itself up. Are you still seeing Problem In Saving when doing this? 

View answer in context
Email Expert

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do yourself to fix this.  The filters in Comcast (Zimbra) webmail have long been wonky.  I expect it's one of the many reasons they are in the middle of switching to another email provider.  I stopped using the filters some time ago because I found them to be unreliable.  My suggestion--------if you really want to use filtering in your Comcast account, enable it in a desktop client like Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail or some other.  Then you can use the filtering capabilities in that client.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I do not know how to enable a desktop client.  And I don't understand how putting another filter on top of the two comcast filters is going to stop the two comcast filters from deleting inbound comcast mail.  

Email Expert

A desktop client is a third party program you can download to your computer and then run your email accounts in it.  Well known free ones are Windows Live Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird, among others.  But if you want to stick with the webmail alone, I'm going to escalate this thread to the forum administrator to see if you can get some help that way-------------------

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

RogerGK -- Apologies for this filter issue. I saw this issue happen recently and it was able to clear itself up. Are you still seeing Problem In Saving when doing this? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

No, I was not able to handle this myself even though I kept trying.  It took Comcast about 10 days to solve the issue for me, even though I was able to identify the problem very early on. I spoke with four different Comcast service employees over the phone about it, all of whom tried various methods of assistance to no avail.    The last three told me my problem was being escalated up to a higher level of technician, but apparently only the last one succeeded.   I told them all there were two specific filters to be removed.  After waiting for about three days after the fourth contact I had to call again, even though I was told I should hear from Comcast within 24 to 48 hours.  That person told me there was a note in my ticket asking whether I wanted all the filters removed or just two.  So after I told her the problem was only with two named filters I had to wait another two days and finally got a call saying that they had removed the filters from their end, but just in case, left me a name and number to call back in case it had not worked.  Luckily it had worked, so now I'm done with this.  But I'm still extremely disappointed in the length of time this whole process took.  

Admin1

Glad to hear that we were able to get this filter issue resolved. I do agree that this time frame was too long. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation