topics

e mail return receipt

ANSWERED
New Poster

e mail return receipt

can I get a e mail return receipt?

Accepted Solution

Re: e mail return receipt

Comcast's older "Zimbra" webmail ("web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/...") does not support Read receipt requests, but the new "Appsuite" webmail ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") does. In the Compose window, click Options, then "Request read receipt".

Read receipts only work if both the sending and the receiving user's email software supports them (most webmail systems don't), and typically only if the recipient grants permission to send them (many users, like me, never do). Given the limitations, consider including some version of "Please reply so I know you got this" with the message you send.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Gold Problem Solver

Re: e mail return receipt

Comcast's older "Zimbra" webmail ("web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/...") does not support Read receipt requests, but the new "Appsuite" webmail ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") does. In the Compose window, click Options, then "Request read receipt".

Read receipts only work if both the sending and the receiving user's email software supports them (most webmail systems don't), and typically only if the recipient grants permission to send them (many users, like me, never do). Given the limitations, consider including some version of "Please reply so I know you got this" with the message you send.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation