Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

e-mail management

New Poster

e-mail management

My xfinity e-mail system used to have a selection box that allowed individual e-mails to be checked off and then mass deleted. This has disappeared and I must now open each e-mail item and then delete it. This is highly annoying since I receive 20 to 40 e-mails daily and actually read only three or four. How can I restore the original mass deletion feature?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: e-mail management

See if you can move the separator line to show that portion on the Inbox again.

You should then be able to see all the boxes, as well as the one above all emails that yiu can check to delete all email from the Inbox.

Which browser/ version are yiu using?  Have you cleared your browser cache?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Re: e-mail management

Thank you for the response. Sadly, I could not figure out how to move the separator line.  I also do not understand what is the browser cache.

My equipment is a Dell PC on which I am using Windows 10. My internet source is Comcast and Xfinity 1. I do have Windows Live Mail installed but I do not use that for daily e-mail. The internet explorer tab on the computer brings up the xfinity e-mail as a default.

The problem is that much of the daily mail is advertising from numerous vendors with whom I have done business over the years. I used to be able to go down the line and check off all those that I do not wish to read and then with one click delete them. That facility is gone and I now have to delete each one individually.

I am sure you recognize my limited computer skills. But I hope you might have additional suggestions for me.

Thanks again.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation