Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

e-mail Inbox

Regular Visitor

e-mail Inbox

I'm a long-time Comcast customer and currently have home phones, internet and cable through your organization.   I recently accessed my e-mail account and discovered that all e-mails in my Inbox between October 11, 2013 and June 24, 2015 are missing or have been deleted.  I certainly did not delete almost two years of opened and unopened e-mails.  I only occasionally access this account and I'm agast at this discovery.   Is there some new corporate policy in force that I am unaware of?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: e-mail Inbox

Check your Email Deletion Schedule.

Open XC and click on Preferences

Click on the Email icon

You are now in your email settings

Scroll down to the Email Deletion Schedule and open it.

Look At the number of days each Folder is set to AUTOMATICALLY delete all messages from the Folders.  

What at other email programs, smartphone, or tablet do you use?  All of those devices must be set to "leave a copy of messages on the server."  If you do not have them set to do that, if you open an email there first, it will be deleted from thevComcast Inbox.

Also,

do you have any idea how many emails you had?  Is it possible that you reached the 10G maximum allowed?

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation