Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

drafts

Regular Visitor

drafts

How can you save different drafts (versions or subjects).  I do not want to loose the basic "draft" after sending it as an email.  Would like to use draft as a "Master Form" at times.  Would like to send same basic draft (with minor changes) to multiple persons at various times. Also, what good are folders under drafts if you can only have one draft in the system at a time?

Email Expert

Re: drafts

The Drafts folder is not intended to be used as a storage medium for templates, which is what I think you are alluding to.  And even after you resend the message from the Drafts folder, it's not lost----------------the revision you sent is now in the Sent folder.  To do what you are describing, you would need to use a desktop email client like Outlook or  Thunderbird that might have that ability.  I use Mac Mail on my desktop at home, and it has the ability to store templates.

Gmail kind of has templates in that they have a "Lab" you can enable that lets you use pre-canned messages.  I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if it would suit your situation.  You would have to play around with it, assuming you have a Gmail account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: drafts

As a non-expert, I was hoping that there was a solution that I did not see, or was not aware of.  I will stop looking/trying now...........   Thank you for the concise reply to exactly what I was asking about.  That in itself can be a rarity.  Thanks again.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation