Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

do not get secondary e-mails in my primary account with new webmail

Frequent Visitor

do not get secondary e-mails in my primary account with new webmail

Comcast automatically switched my primary e-mail account over to the new format yesterday.  My old account was set up to receive my 4 seconday e-mails so I could read them under the primary account.  This is no longer happening.

How do I fix it so the new primary account can receive the e-mails from the secondary accounts?

I tried doing a search in the forum but after 3/4 hour found nothing about this.

Frequent Visitor

Re: do not get secondary e-mails in my primary account with new webmail

There must be some others here who had this feature before the switchero.  Any answers?

Expert

Can you clarify------do you mean you were auto-forwarding email from the secondary accounts to the primary?  Or are you referring to the section "Add mail account" in the folder pane for external accounts?

Frequent Visitor

Under the old Comcast e-mail it allowed us to set up our secondary e-mails so that they could be read in our primary e-mail and did NOT require logging out and back in under the secondary account name.  These were set up as folders in the sidebar and you could open the folder to read current and old e-mails.

That is gone now.  The folders are still there but all they contain is the old e-mails for the secondary account, no new e-mails now.

I want to re-establish that option so I can read my secondary e-mails.  It wasn't actual forwarding.

Dave

Expert

Then under "Add mail account" set up the secondaries and you will be able to access them as external accounts.  Click on that link and follow the prompts.

Frequent Visitor

That method doesn't work.  I have my secondary accounts added as you said but they are empty.  I try refresh and still empty.  But if I sign out and back in under the secondary account there is new mail.  It just won't show when I'm in the primary account.

Aha....it DOES work but you have to OPEN the secondary folder and then it will show the entire secondary files/folders account.  Not like the old way where only e-mails were shown.  You can now manage the entire secondary account right from the primary once you open the folder.

Dave